ElecLink is a company that will build, own and operate a merchant power interconnector through the Channel Tunnel to provide a transmission link between the UK and France with a capacity of a 1000MW in either direction of flow.
Key Data about the ElecLink connection:
- Interconnector route mirrors closely the existing IFA
- Total cable length of 51 km inside the Channel Tunnel
- 14.5 km to tie with National Grid’s Sellindge 400kV substation
- 3.5 km to tie up with RTE’s Les Mandarins 400kV poste Operating Performance:
- +/- ~320kV DC scheme to allow a transmission of 1000MW with low losses
- Potential to provide black start capability; power quality control and balancing services ElecLink has awarded Balfour Beatty/Prysmian the Lot 2 contract. The scope of works includes the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance of the Cable Systems of the Channel Tunnel Interconnector Project.
Commissioned to support Balfour Beatty Power (T&D) in the preferred bidder phase of negotiation, undertaking quantitative schedule and cost risk analysis.